Sandbagging along a stream requires a 310 permit! In emergency circumstances, notify the Flathead Conservation District in writing within 15 days of your activity.
Things you should know before you sandbag:
- Sandbagging by a stream requires a 310 permit from us
- Permit must be obtained prior to activity unless it is an emergency
- You must fill our an Emergency Notification within 15 days if activity was not planned (Emergency exists when there is no time for a permit but action is necessary to protect life and property)
- Notification must include a description of placement, including length, distance from riverbed, height of levee and plan for removal
- Plan of operation is necessary for annual activity
Call us with questions: 752-4220