Need a little help implementing conservation practices on you land? There’s still time to take advantage of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program. This program, referred to as EQIP, is administered by NRCS and they have extended the deadline to October 19th. And, special incentives are now available for landowners implementing pollinator-friendly projects or establishing high tunnels or green houses.
Through EQIP, local NRCS staff work with you to develop a conservation plan that meets your goals. The program then provides financial assistance to cover a portion of the costs. There are over 200 conservation practices supported by the program, so contact your local NRCS office today.
Click here to learn more about this Montana NRCS incentive program.
- 1.Preventing Nonpoint Source Pollution
- 2.Heeling In Bareroot Plants
- 3.Conservation Finance Tips
- 4.Do-It-Yourself Herbicides
- 5.Managing Livestock for Riparian Areas
- 6.Reduce Boat Speed Near Shore
- 7.Reduce Mosquitoes with Bat Houses
- 8.Now is the Time to FireWise Your Property
- 9.Harmful Algal Bloom! What’s that?!?!
- 10.Lawn drying out? Water smarter, not longer.
- 12.Stink-Free Composting
- 13.Choosing the Right Cover Crop
- 14.Helpful Publications Available for Free!
- 15.Using Grass to Prevent Noxious Weed Spread
- 16.Dormant Seeding
- 17.Fall Yard Waste Disposal
- 18.EQIP Deadline Extended to October 19th
- 19.How to Create Winter Pollinator Habitat
- 20.Maintain Your Septic to Prevent Water Pollution
- 21.Why Do Larch Needles Turn Yellow and Fall Off?
- 22.Thanksgiving Conservation Tips!
- 23.What is a Riparian Area?
- 24.What is a 310 Stream Permit?